ROAR events is looking for a Summer Intern
Do you love planning events? Don’t mind doing grunt work (because really – that’s the perfect way to learn)? Are you the type of person who loves to find that perfect restaurant or gift and won’t stop until you do and settling is just not OK in your book. Have a love for flowers, spreadsheets, social media, creativity and researching up the wazoo? This might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Company: ROAR events group
Location: Danville, CA
Responsibilities: You’ll get to see the inner workings of a small but mighty event management company. Here are some of the things you could be doing:
- working on rooming lists
- making confirmation calls
- researching the perfect giveaways for a client
- researching hotels and venues
- finding the best restaurant in town
- sourcing for photo shoots
- learning the inner workings of a hotel
- working on blog posts
It really changes on a daily basis – and you need to be ready to switch gears.
Compensation: School credit or possible compensation for the right person
Qualifications: Applicants must be proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a huge plus. We work on Mac’s here you need to know what your doing when we put a Mac in front of you. Events/Hospitality majors are a plus – it’s not a requirement. You should be available to come in at least three days a week and be willing to work onsite at events.
Note: Unfortunately this is not a virtual position.
How to Apply: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SUMMER EVENTS INTERN.” Applicants without this subject line will not be considered.
Application should include:
- your resume
- your cover letter about why you want to work with ROAR events
- a link to your facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram accounts
- what would be your most favorite event to plan. Why and how would you plan it.
Must apply by May 15
Duration: June 17 – August 16